Friday, September 22, 2017

4 Websites for Those Interested in Investing and Personal Finance

I enjoy participating in Financially Saavy Saturdays because I get to meet personal finance bloggers and read what they have to say.  However, the participating bloggers aren't the only ones with good advice for those looking to grow their nest eggs.

This week I'm going to share some of my favorite personal finance and/or investing websites.

The Motley Fool

This "freemium" site covers both personal finance and investing.  While it costs $99 per year to subscribe to the premium services, including stock picks, the free portion of the site includes podcasts, articles and discussion boards. It is a good place for anyone who wants to learn more about the investing end of personal finance.

Rockstar Finance

Rockstar Finance aggregates content from other personal finance sites.  My favorite is their "Feeds" feature that allows me to scroll through the headlines of all participating blogs.  As of this writing, they are showing 205 articles published in the last 24 hours by the 1289 participating blogs.  They also have a directory of all those blogs, as well as a forum and a place for you to advertise your services as a freelance writer, virtual assistant or social media maven.  

Daily Trade Alert

Daily Trade Alert is a blog about Dividend Growth Investing and find its articles to be well-researched and most of them are comprehensible to those of us with short attention spans and no math background. I especially like the "Undervalued Dividend Growth Stock of the Week" feature.

Simply Safe Dividends

Simply Safe Dividends is another site that provides information about dividend growth stocks. 

What You Don't See Here

I may be the only personal finance blogger out there who doesn't care for Dave Ramsey but I don't care for him.  I know he has helped a lot of people, and if you are one of them, more power to you and to him.  I know his "snowball" is a psychological thing and that it can be motivating, but I have to shake my head at people paying off loans with 10% interest while only making minimum payments on those with 15% interest.  

I also didn't list Pinterest because I find that it has more eye-catching graphics than substantive articles.  

Mr. Money Mustache isn't on my list either, nor are other "financial independence" or "early retirement" bloggers.  I also didn't list bloggers who write a lot of articles about rinsing and reusing plastic bags or extreme couponing.  Put simply, I'm not poor and I don't choose to live as if I was.  I don't buy designer clothes at full price but I enjoy having nice clothes, and my budget allows me to shop at mid-range stores, so I do.  I have no desire to ride a bike to work and I want the temperature inside my house to be comfortable. If that means I have to work until I am Social Security age, then so be it.

What are some of your favorite financial websites?



1 comment:

  1. SeekingAlpha.com has great investing analysis. It's probably my favorite for researching stocks when I want to research individual investments.

    ReplyDelete